Message/Thoughts for the day!

Thoughts for the day...enjoy! :)

"The Eskimos have 52 words for snow because it is so special to them; there ought to be as many for love!"

by Margaret Atwood quotes


Friday, June 03, 2011

Training is Coming to an End....

So we are all back in Belmopan, the Captial City of Belize for our last days to training. We had a 2-day HIV/AIDS workshop that was great! Learned a ton of valuable information about the virus as a worldwide pandemic and the issues faced here in the country of Belize as well as a Central American country. We had the weekend off, which was nice because I was able to sleep in till 8am!! Yes, that is late here for Belize! :) On Saturday, I got invited to go back to my CBT site in Succotz and play with the womens team in one of their games! The following week was our Bridge to Service week, were we prepared for our Swearing in Ceremony for Friday, June 10 and each CBT site group presented to everyone about their experiences in their villages.

More details coming soon and pictures of our presentaion and the Swearing in Ceremony, were I become an official PC Volunteer!! yeeeaaahhhh!!! :)

 
So here is a map of Belize...my CBT site was right across from Xunantunich, called San Jose Succtoz (not on map) and now I'll be living in Orange Walk Town (way up north). And Belmopan is where we do all our training! :) Hopefully this map helps you see where I've been so far and places I still want to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment