Message/Thoughts for the day!

Thoughts for the day...enjoy! :)

"The Eskimos have 52 words for snow because it is so special to them; there ought to be as many for love!"

by Margaret Atwood quotes


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Alive and Well...

Things in Orange Walk Town are going great! My new host family is wonderful and the town here is quite exciting compared to my old village of Succotz. There is a lot more going on here being so close to the Mexican border. I'm slowly trying to find my little nitch here in this big town. My work partner is great here at the District Ed Center. He is so supportive of any ideas or projects I want to pursue, which is so comforting. While working here, haven't done to much but have helped facilitate a session the other week with a group of peer educators at a local high school in town on Self-Esteem and Body Image. I was a little nervous but we got through it with flying colors! Soon we are going to be facilitating a few more sessions with participants on Nutrition and healthy habits. So, as I get settled here in Orange Walk I hope to learn more and more about my town and get to know the people and learn more about the work I'm going to be apart of.

Hope all is well with everyone in the States. Miss you all and I'll talk to you soon! :)

P.S. Rainy season has started here in Belize....A.K.A. Hurricane Season!! Wish me Luck getting through my first hurricanes, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment