Message/Thoughts for the day!

Thoughts for the day...enjoy! :)

"The Eskimos have 52 words for snow because it is so special to them; there ought to be as many for love!"

by Margaret Atwood quotes


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And It Begins!!.....

What a day! Up at 3:30AM headed off the LAX for a 7AM flight!!!....hold on...lets go back to last night!

Planned on video-chatting with my brother guy and figured my cool little new netbook was going to be perfect! Quickly I was wrong...i couldn't hear him! Ended up being on the phone with some HP till about 11pm last night fixing the problem. Just a little hiccup less than 5 hours before i was leaving.

So back to LAX....everything was good, i went off without a hitch! I quickly grabbed a cab to get to the hotel to start our Staging and meet 38 other wonderful Peace Corps Trainees! Alot of ice-breakers activities, and tons of paper work and the general questions: where are you from, what are you going to be doing in Belize, etc. The more and more we listened to each other and shared our thoughts and feelings of what we expected and what the peace corps expected of us I could see that everyone seemed to have the same anxieties and aspirations as me! I wasn't alone....thank goodness! :)

All this information was getting thrown at us...and mind you we all are on about 4 hours of sleep, and on empty stomachs! But, we got through it a little after 7pm. So, now I'm here in the hotel lobby, hanging out with some other soon to be volunteers just like ME and everyone typing and talking away with their loved ones.

With that all said....its been a loooooong day! Tomorrow we are off to Belmopan, the capital of Belize! I look forward to getting to know the lay of the land down there and embarking on this incredible journey. Love you all....talk to you soon! :) xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nat, Glad you arrived to (I think?) Texas safely!!! I'm glad you are making connections and seeing what others are expecting on this journey! I can't wait to visit you and be safe and have an AMAZING time!!!!!
    xoxo Dez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to start your first day of this journey with a great blog! I am going to enjoy this so much! Everyone in your group is SO LUCKY to be meeting someone like YOU! xoxo, Jessie Skaare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coach!
    I hope you keep this blog up! As a hopeful future peace corps volunteer, I feel like your journey could be such an inspiration to me. Have an absolutely amazing journey!!
    Love, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Nat. Hope you've had a chance to get a little rest from your busy 1st day.
    Love, Auntie Carol, Uncle Matt and Lauren

    ReplyDelete